Instagram makeup & favorite editing apps

Hey there!
To be honest, Instagram is probably my favorite social media platform out there so I thought why not to include it in my new blog post? To be fairly honest, I spend SOO much time on Instagram and even more time editing pictures I plan to upload *guilty*. Oh, and by the way, if you are interested, my Instagram is @violetalyskoit. Feel free to check it out!
One of my recent pictures is a selfie and of course, as always I had to take a bajillion pictures before uploading only a single one because I was pretty happy with how my makeup turned out and it came to my mind that I could share with you how I did it and what makeup products I used.  
To begin with, I always do my eyes first *because otherwise there is a huge possibility that I'll mess up all my makeup*. For eyeshadows I used Sleek I-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Storm, shades Calm before the storm, Eye of the storm and Blackout. I simply created a brown smoky eye but then I wanted to add some color and that's why under my lower lash line I added some aqua green from BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes To Go Eyeshadow Palette. Then I applied my new favorite mascara, which is L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic mascara in Magnetic Black, and my eyes are pretty much done!
For my face I mixed my favorite Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream in Light and MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NC15. I set my face using Coty Airspun loose face powder. For contour I used MAC Powder Blush in Harmony and for highlight I picked Sleek Solstice Highlighting palette and used shade Subsolar. I used highlight on my cheeks, brow bones and on Cupid's bow. I lined and then filled in my lips using NYX Lip liner in shade Mauve.
Lastly, the brows. Nothing new here, as always I o my brows using Artdeco Eyebrow Designer in 5 and then seal them in with L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper clear shaping brow gel mascara in transparent.

What apps I use to edit my instagram photos?
 My favorite editing apps are VSCO, Facetune 2 and Afterlight.  Firstly, I always go on VSCO and add my favorite filter, which is HB1 and I set it on ~+4,0 or +6,0 (depends on the photo) and most of the time that's all I do on VSCO. Next, I go on Facetune 2 and whiten the background using Whiten tool, then sharpen eyes using Details tool and fix any blemishes I may have using Conceal tool. At last, I go on Afterlight and add a few more changes, I like to adjust brightness, increase contrast and reduce saturation just a tiny bit. Here are some of the before/after pictures I edited this way!

You May Also Like

0 comments