Maybelline The Nudes Palette





So for a very long time I wanted to buy myself a palette with mostly nude shades. I was looking for palettes like Naked 1,2,3, basics by Urban Decay, The Balm Nude'tude, Nude'dude and other palettes more on the expensive side. But after quite a bit of thinking I decided that my first ever palette should not be expensive or high end. Just a quick info: I am that type of person who likes to invest in quality items, I prefer having 1 good and expensive palette than a lot of cheap ones, of course, there are A LOT of very good drugstore makeup, but this is only my opinion:) As a beginner in this whole makeup sphere I think it's amazing that you can buy so many affordable and great quality drugstore makeup.
And back to the topic, I was walking around "Drogas" in our shopping centre "Akropolis" searching for a pretty nudes based palette and I stopped by Maybelline's The Nudes and Loreal's Colour Riche La Palette Nude. After swatching on my hand a bit I liked the Maybelline palette more so I decided to buy it. It had a discount of 4 euros so I think that I got it for a great deal (it costs ~16eur where I live and I got it for ~12eur)! 

Review:

I am really glad that I got it. It has 12 eyeshadows altogether. If I understood correctly, it consists of 5 matte (3,5,6,8,12) and 7 shimmer (1,2, 4,7,9,10,11) shadows. Please correct me if I am wrong!


So I swatched all the colours on my hand and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. I didn't need to put a lot of layers to build the same colour on my hand as one in the palette. I would say that the first one (1) is more suitable as a highlight here or there in my opinion because it applies almost clear, not pigmented at all, but I think it would look really pretty under lower lash line and to highlight my brow bone. 2, 3 & 5 are very light brown, neutral/nude colours with whom you can never go wrong. I think the most intense and pigmented colour in this palette is the 4 one. It almost looks like a very dark gold colour. I think it would look perfect in the crease! 6,7,8 & 10 - more browner shades, which are more on the darker side. 9 is an amazing light gold, which will suit any of your looks! 11 has a lot more of the white pigment than 1, but it has less shimmer in it. This must be one of my favorite ones in this palette! And lastly 12, it is a perfect black shade, which is not over dramatic and I think is meant to be used to create a smoky eye look!
I think my favorites are 1,2,5,6,8,9 & 11, but I love all of these!
Overall, I am very happy that I picked up this particular palette in the store because it has shimmers and mattes, also almost all the colours in the palette are nicely pigmented, blend really well and look gorgeous on the eyes! It is a wonderful palette for it's price:) Highly recommended! +++

By the way, I am planning on doing different eye makeup looks using this palette so stay tuned for that!:)
If you already have this palette, please let me know what do you think of it. Have a nice day!

You May Also Like

12 comments