Summer Book Haul


I am back to reading! Of course, summer is almost over, but still I wanted to share with you what books I bought/got as gifts during the summer.
"In the Shadow of Altars" by Vincas Mykolaitis - Putinas (originally "Altorių šešelyje") is a novel, which is assigned to read in the senior year. So basically, I did not choose this one myself, it's one of the obligatory readings you have to do in high school. What scares most of the students, is the number of pages - 714, which is tough to get done in a few weeks during the school year, when there a lot more things to get done either. Still, most of the students say that this book is the most interesting one of those you have to read in high school. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Ernest Hemingway is a classic. I was very excited when my friend gifted it to me. For sure she had looked through my book wishlist! In short, this book is about the Spanish civil war where he had been a journalist. "The Collector" by John Fowless. Immediately had to buy this one after I saw it at the bookstore. It was recommended by one of my favorite teachers, which is my Lithuanian language teacher. She reads a lot and always recommends the most interesting books to her students. I have so many books in my "to-read" list and I am pretty sure that almost half of them were suggested by this teacher. "Masterpiece" by Marina Achmedova. The description of this book really caught my mind and it was on sale too so I got it! "The Age of Reason" by Jean-Paul Sartre. When my friend asked me what book I would like to get for my birthday, I said that you can get favorite one of yours and that's how this book appeared in my bookshelf. A lot of people recommend this book and give it the highest ratings so I more than excited to read it myself and see why it's so high ranked. "All Yours" by Claudia Piñeiro. I've already done reading this book by the time I managed to complete this post and I am pretty happy with it. It's definitely a light reading, it's short so you could manage to read in one evening. It's a novel with details of the detective genre. In short, it's about adultery, murder, distrust, lie and derelict family relationships.


As always, I hope you liked this post and I wish you to enjoy the rest of summer and make the best of it!
I would love to know that's in your "to-read" list, share it in the comments!

                

You May Also Like

2 comments